Saturday, June 28, 2008

Western Digital External Hard Drives


For a couple of days now, I have been looking for good quality hard drives, that comes in a cheap price (reasonable cheap price that is). I have planning to buy an external hard drive for almost a year now, but I haven't bought one because I haven't got enough money! So, I asked my mama if she can give me one, as a birthday gift. And luckily, she agreed! Yes! I can finally have my own external hard drive.

So, to have an idea on what to buy, I have searched through the world wide web, looking for best quality hard drives. I have visited a lot of online markets, namely tipidpc.com, pcbodega.com and davaosale.com. Finally, I have decided what to buy. Actually, I have decided on the brand, but haven't decided on what model. It's Western Digital's My Book Essential Edition 320 GB, or My Book Home Edition 320 GB. They have different prices, and a little difference in their specifications.

Why have I chosen this? Let's see:
  • It's quite cheap (3950 for the Essential Edition and 4850 for the Home Edition)
  • It has a shock proof enclosure
  • Nice black color
  • Compatible with Windows and Mac
  • Easy to use (according to users)
  • A nice design
  • The My Book Home Edition has FireWire, perfect for Macintosh
  • The My Book Home Edition has an indicator of how much of the hard drive is used
  • The My Book Home Edition has an automatic back-up
  • It turns on and off with the PC
  • Portable
  • And.. It is recommended by users
So, if you are also looking for an external hard drive, I recommend the brand Western Digital, and My Book Essential and My Book Home Editions, for basic use of storage.
If you click here, you can see there's a lot more models you can choose from. And.. they have 1TB and 2TB capacities! You can also go to the online markets I have mentioned (preferably for Filipino buyers).
Western Digital My Book Essential Edition

Western Digital My Book Home Edition

1 comment:

buy and sell philippines said...

I bought a 500GB western digital mybook in the U.S.

It ran just fine on windows xp but started to crap out when connected to my new PC equipped with Windows 7. Don't know if it's the PC, Windows or the drive itself.

Any thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...